Thursday, October 29, 2009

JHUMUR ,ME AND HIS MARRIAGE

Jhumur my younger brother.
Tapu was too keen that I engage him somewhere as he was unemployed for a long time.
I was not very sure as without any experience getting a good job in textile field is impossible.
As I was with ITC, had cordial relation with many exporters all over India.
I approached one of knitwear exporters in Tirupur and explained about Jhumur.
Mr.sashidharan agreed to absorb him with a condition-that is I should stay away from him
as he has to go through a taught life as a trainee.
Agreed and jhumur came to Tirupur and joined pappilon exports.
that point of time i also used to come regularly to tirupur for inspections,so there were not much
problem for him,sashidharan always used to say to leave him alone to know the hardship and that
will ultimately lead to perfection.
He was with pappilon little more than a year and became restless for a change , for a better job.
After talking to Dinesh hinduja he was appointed as quality controller in Gokal das exports,Bangalore.
I used to go Bangalore often for inspections and during my stay he used stay with me in hotels.
other wise he arranged his accommodation with one of his childhood friend who fortunately was staying with his family.
At one point going Bangalore shortened as ITC was loosing customers .
One fine morning I came to know that he has left Gokal das and joined some other company.he served there my be about 6 months ,i cant remember now who gave me the news that he left Bangalore,on checking with Calcutta i was told he went to Nepal as he got a batter job.

there were no contact with Jhumur,he used to come to Calcutta but never contacted me,naturally
I was very upset and heart.
After 4/5 years came to know that jhumur is in Calcutta and planing to go abroad.dont know what transpired
one morning tapu told jhumur wants to come to Bangalore,at that point of time I was working at Bangalore
and I had a company accommodation 2 bed room house ,though I used to stay alone as tapu and guni were
in madras because of schooling.
Simply i was not interested,and said NO.
Tapu always a easy target,one morning when i reached madras found Jhumur already arrived.
he must have convinced tapu and made arrangements.
though I was very unhappy still I had to bring him at Bangalore.
I must agree Initially from my behavior he under stood that I am not in favor of his staying in my house
but slowly things got settled.
After 3/4 months he got a job with a buying house.
He was very in disciplined , many occasions he used to come late night that too after drinks,night food either
i eat next morning or thrown.
I lost my job as the company closed due to partnership problem and was a huge set back in my personal life.
though jhumur knew I was Jobless he never spent single paisa for his lodgings and fooding.
Guni's 12 class exam was over and they shifted to Bangalore,I had to change the existing
house as I needed 3 bed room accommodation.
the house was quite big and independent.
Guni got admitted in an engineering college.
Every one including me pressurized jhumur to get married,honestly my intention was he should get married
and stay separate,unless that happens he will not leave this place as hear he gets free lodging and fooding,nither
me nor tapu will be able to ask him to leave or pay for his staying.
My father dyed after few months of suffering,because of his illness lots of money drained out from my pocket.
that was real bad time.
jhumur's marriage got fixed,first jhumur sow the girl and subsequently me tapu along with some of my relatives.
at that point of time we made 3 trips back to back to Calcutta.
marriage took place at Barrackpur .
i came with my family before and jhumur followed with his wife after a week.
they stayed 3/4 months in my house and the pattern was same-free lodging and boarding.
Realizing that it is too much and we are not happy with this arrangement
They took a house near to jhumur's office which is very far from our place.
mostly we used to talk over phone,Mitali was a smart girl, wanted us to keep distance so that she can have
hold on her husband,we did not mind but felt awkward.
any way things ware moving except my job,they used to come in 2weeks once with complain that we are
not going,we went only once as guni preferred to stay at home Sundays.
On Laxmi puja day evening when they came, it was understood that there is soothing wrong,jhumur ware
drunk and by seeing Mitali's face we understood she cried.
Mitali started complaining that Jhumur drinks regularly ,i did not pay much attention as for me it is
not new but expected him to be disciplined on his own interest.
After a week one evening he came and what he reviled was shocking.
He said Mitali is having sexual relationship with one of his friend,according to him one afternoon during lunch
time on his way sow his close friend leaving his house and on reaching his room the over all
appearance he sow which easily proved that Mitali had a sex with his friend. the description jhumur gave
I don't wish to describe as it would be improper.
Tapu and me were utterly shocked.Tapu repeatedly asked whether he is 100%sure what he claimed but answer
was yes,yet Tapu repeatedly asked jhumur to think and talk as it is matter of pride of a girl and also matter of
survival.
There after day by day things went towards bad to worse,the trust factor was so low that during outstation trip
Jhumur placed Mitali with us,she also was upset and according to her all are created to get rid of her ,though
we did not tell her the eligation implied by her husband.
Mitali was very upset with Tapu and me,she even complained that we are encouraging jhumur and that because
of our hidden interest,also she said that she asked jhumur to set her free for which she is not interested.
the day jhumur came back from tour I told him if this is the case why he is not allowing her to set free!
They started fighting and abusing each other,situation went to an extent that my naibours started objecting.
Few days later Mitali's parents arrived at Bangalore,i was summoned,after serial of meetings no result could
found as jhumur did not uttered his complains categorically but it was understood to all that the slide has began.

Her parents left after a week leaving things as subject to rectification but with multiply problems things turned
impossible,as my memory goes mitali's mother kept some roots in side jhumur's pillow and when he realized that turned ugly.one morning Mitali's father called me over phone from Calcutta and threatened me,according to him
Tapu and me is responsible for all these nonsense,he also told unless I manage to settle this issue I would be in deep
trouble,
one day Jumur called and said me that immediately he wants to send he back to Calcutta otherwise things
would be dangerous,he bookd her next day evening flight and sent,Mitali wanted to go Birati but i disagreed
and left an instruction not to attend or encourage her hence she had to go to barracpur at her parents house.
when time is bad problem comes from every corner.
Jhumur left his house and started to stay with us as before,he used to come late night after drinks.
Tapu was very uncomfortable as Guni has grown up also Mitali and her family said we are behind their split.
I told Jhumur about the complication,he was very up set and said -because of you people got married and
now i am in problem.
as if we have written his fate,anyway after 2 weeks he hired a house and left.
ultimately he blamed us for everything,there after he stayed away.
I also felt that is the best way toaccept life,Iwas told he moved to tirupur and there after Bangladesh.
Till date we are not in touch................

No comments:

Post a Comment