Tuesday, October 6, 2009

MY FRIENDS.............

ABU.
In this list 1st name comes ASISH GHOSE ROY commonly known as ABU.
He was from a rich family, almost every body knew his grand father and uncle,his father was known
for bad reason,his name was Prithish Ghosh.
he had two child ,one boy and a girl,girls name was Babli,she was younger.

They had huge property all over Birati ,even in Calcutta,they were the richest family in Birati at
that point of time,there were a beautiful fountain statue in front of there house which was relay beautiful
and that was symbolic display of their name and fame.
Abu used to fund for me almost every outing,for all get together he was the source of fund.
He was not good in study's,maybe he was not interested.
One morning we came to now his uncle is no more,he dyed with brain fever,he was suffering from fever
for last 5 days,it was a shock for all,in Birati there were on hospital,no qualified doctor.
his last rite took place in Calcutta were one of his uncle got settled and was an advocate by profession .
After a year or so his grand father also followed.
As there were no head of the family and Abu's father had all wrong habits there were no income or investment
instead- huge expenditure.
His father's activities was their disadvantage,for their lavish livelihood they stared selling lands one after the other.

my First conflict started with Abu when he followed his father's footsteps,a girl was working
in their house from her child hood,now she has blossomed,it was an easy option,he garbed that opportunity.
That period we all are working,only some time during night or sun days we all used to meet,we were told by Abu
due to work pressure he is working even on Sundays but the truth was something else. he hired a house 20 km away
from Birati ,the place is known as madhyamgram.there he kept the girl and impression given to the locality that they are husband and wife.
I started keeping distance with him.
One day his mother called and informed she wants her son to get married and I should accompany him to select
the bride,few brokers were engaged for that job.
We friends one Sunday called Abu and asked for an clarification,he cried ,pleaded and did everything to convince us
that she will leave that girl and shall follow his mother's wish.
We started looking girls almost every Sunday,finally we liked a girl and marriage got fixed.
One day I got a call in my office and i was told to rush immediately as there is some problem related to Abu's marriage,I rushed,the complication was- girls family was informed by some people that the boy is married already.
I was given the responsibility to sort out the problem.
It is a huge task, at that age really did not know what is write and what is wrong,only thing I knew i have to solve
the problem and that too in Abu's favor.
Still i remember most of my friends suggested me not to Interfere as the situation is very grave,possible i could be
in the police station or public will tear me off.
I made my mind,evening 7 o'clock i left alone to madhyamgram to sort out the situation.
On reaching to that address found the situation is not better than what my friends predicted,A huge crowed in
front the house,on flash I made my mind and got ready for counter,I entered the house giving an impression
that i am Abu's brother and established the girl is loose carector and set a trap to sqige a boy from well to do family
and they are not married but bluffed the hole locality .
Fortunately things worked,I could manage to convince a large portion of people that what i claimed is true.
With some assurance from leader like people came back to Birati with win win situation.
Explained every thing to Abu's mother and of course to my friends,always i was known as Intelligent but to day
I am the hero.
next two days I did not go to work as I had bigger things to do,going to girl's house to convince saying every thing fabricated and no truth in it,an employee is trying to take undue advantage.
as marriage invitation cards were distributed and because of family prestige issue they agreed to marriage.
TO DAY WHEN I LOOK BACK -I FIND MYSELF GUILTY OF SPOILING TWO GIRLS LIFE BECAUSE OF MY IMMATURITY
AND STUPID SO CALLED FRIENDSHIP,I PREY TO GOD FOR MARSES FOR MY CRIME WHICH I COMMITTED BECAUSE
OF MY IGNORANCE AND IMMATURITY.
I got a transfer to madras short while after his marriage but when ever I went to calcutta found he did not change and
in later stage found he was very close to his father's footsteps.
After coming madras my theory of life completely changed,I made it happened,used to go to calcutta yearly once that
to not more than 10 days but realized our friendship no more exists,we were pool apart.
At one point of time i was told he and his father sold all their properties except their Beautiful house.
After his father's death that house also sold,last when I met he was shifted to a distant place but used to come Birati
to pass time .
When I went last ,came to know he is no more ,died in heart attack.
May his sole leave in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment